To order our
Section 9 - Local Expressways and Toll Routes
Florida has a number of local expressways and toll routes, many of them administered by the Florida's Turnpike Enterprise, a division of Florida DOT, and this section contains strip maps for each. The routes included are:
- Beachline Expressway (SR528 - Toll), from I-4 near Orlando, to I-95 near Cocoa Beach.
- East-West Expressway (SR408 - Toll), Orlando crosstown area.
- Greeneway Expressway (SR417 - Toll), Orlando/Kissimmee area.
- Palmetto Expressway (SR826 - Freeway), Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area.
- Polk Parkway (SR570 - Toll), loops around Lakeland joining I-4 in two locations.
- Sawgrass Expressway (SR869 - Toll), from I-75 to the FTP, Ft. Lauderdale area.
- Seminole Expressway (SR417 - Toll), joining I-4, Sanford area.
- Suncoast Parkway (SR589 - Toll), Hillsborough, Pasco and Hernando counties. This useful route allows those driving to Clearwater/St. Petersburg to avoid I-275 through Tamps (see "Along Florida's Expressways," page 65.)
- Veteran's Expressway (SR589 - Toll), Tampa area.
- Western Expressway (SR429 - Toll), connects I-4 to Apopka, north of the FTP.
Did you know?
The tolls on some of these local routes are administered by the county, not the State. This is why the name of State Route 417 changes from the Greeneway Expressway to the Seminole Expressway when it crosses the county line